Friday 18 August 2023

Bring that Beet' back

Kaliiii ft. DJ Smallz 732 - KToven
(From KToven single; 2023)



Johnboxxx shares like Sonny Bono, black and white keys, DJ Smallz lays Jersey Club Beats over Beethoven piano, the Area Codes lass sounds way better at a 145 BPM tempo. 'Boxxx reckons this song might be the best Ludwig von club version since Walter Murphy's A Fifth Of Beethoven and I reckon he's right.

Bonus beets: very different ambience, but we should always shout out Mobb Deep for takin' Ludvig to the darkest four cornered rooms of Queensbridge on If These Walls Could Talk.

5 comments:

Yohan said...

I still remember downloading a Mobb Deep track off Limewhere back in the early 00s called Snitched On which turned out to be If These Walls Could Talk I didn't recognize from any of their albums. Always liked the song since then.

That Kaliii song is immense, immediately one of my favourite tracks of the year.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Saving pianos from boring Lil' Durk-core Type Beats.

Spartan said...

Other than I Can and that Mobb Deep song, another rap choon I can think of featuring old Ludwig Van is that final improv track off that Malcolm McLaren & The World Famous Supreme compilation.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Malcolm the galaxy brain impresario visionary strikes again.

I'm such a Slick Rick Stan that I enjoy Nas' pseud's corner bollox on I Can.

Smell Rell said...

Prodigy verse on that song is flames.