Monday 29 June 2015

Watch for the hook

Some of Nef The Pharaoh's lil' homies gettin' in the Swag-Rap renaissance is an interesting idea but there's two main problems with I Look Fly by Trill Youngins. Firstly, how y'all gonna hop on the Trill bandwagon when y'all hail from northern California? Y'all should be called Mainey Youngins innit. Secondly, that hook is so good I end up twiddling my thumbs through the rapping just waiting for it to reappear.

I can't do nuttin' for ya, man, with regards to their choice of moniker, but I can get DJ Step One to edit the song down to its bare essentials on some Cool Breeze type shit. And that's exactly what we did:

Trill Youngins - I Look Fly (Martorialist edit)
(From the internet; 2015)


1 comment:

GGGGGG said...

Swag Surfin finally reaches the Bay