Friday 12 June 2015

The Slim 400 blows

Speakin' of current singles which exist in hella incarnations, there's also Slim 400's On My Set. Originally a Hunyae song which Slim merely guested on, Slim then copped the song for himself, added his Pushaz Inc boss YG on the 2nd verse, and removed Hunyae's verse but kept his hook. Now there's another remix that's basically On My Set 2.0 with a new 3rd verse by Big Quis from Doughboyz Cashout AKA Juverassic 5:

Slim 400 ft. Hunyae, YG & Big Quis - On My Set (remix)
(From YouTube/Foe Block mixtape; 2015)


As a fan of previous Pushaz Inc/Doughboyz Cashout collaborations like Hella Ice, I ain't mad at this new remix becoming the def facto version of On My Set. Shit, Big Quis might even have the best bars in the whole song now with "I am not tryna kick it, I ain't Bruce Lee!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop the DBCO hate

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I like them on the 2 CTE comp 'tapes, just not their regular shit.

Smell Rell said...

Curious to see where YG is gonna go next after Mustard.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Cot-damn, Slim 400 is a dead spit of Tragedy in the Intelligent Hoodlum days.

Zara said...

YG is 2 years too late with his hareem pants