Tuesday 30 June 2015

Generic list post: june 2015

Obligatory roundup post of those songs I've listened to most during the month when Puffy should have paid Shyne to shoot up his son's football coach's office.

SPM ft. Baby Beesh - Oh My My (2000)
Baby Bash ft. SPM - Short Skirts (2002)
J Stalin - Pop My Collar (2005)
Nebu Kiniza - Myself (2014)
Dr. Yen Lo - Day 13 (2015)
French Montana ft. Chinx & NORE - Off The Rip (2015)
Lil' Chris ft. Sasha Go Hard - Ohh Na Na (2015)
Future - News Or Somthn' (2015)
Trill Younginz - I Look Fly (Martorialist Edit) (2015)
Willie P Keys - I Ain't Thinkin' Bout U (Martorialist Edit) (2015)
Trey Songz ft. Ty Dolla $ign - Loving You (2015)
Janet Jackson - No Sleeep (2015)
Charly Black - Gal You A Party Animal (2015)

Other notables: would have preferred WTF was a Nef The Pharaoh solo track TBH; really didn't expect the new TREE & Vic Spencer song to sound like a Pharrell production but it does and it works; Glory To The Lord by King Los & Kellz is the song B-Boy should have been; Kendrick Lamar had one job to do on the Classic Man remix and he made a complete pig's ear of it.

(PS - you can find some of the MP3s from this month's list in the most recent Martorialist compilation.)

7 comments:

1Xtra Snitch said...

LOL @ Five More Hours

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

June: the month when I enjoyed songs by nonces (SPM, Tyga) or the sister of nonces (Janet).

SE said...

I like the classic man remix, but I think you're expecting too much of him to not make a pig's ear of any beat he gets on. That's kinda his MO these days, having a neurological meltdown on wax, and the ppl seem to love it

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

He doesn't even rap about clothes on there! What's the point in remixing a song if you're not gonna even attempt to enter into the original's spirit or flip its whole concept?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Also, I really like Kendrick's Alright and I'm very pleased to see a bunch of Bay youngins (Nef, Ezale, Fik etc) and turf dancers in the video for it.

SE said...

Good point re: clothes, although Kendrick seems to be adopting the whole "I dress like a schlub even tho I'm worth millions, I'm too busy creating art" style favored by Hollywood directors. The XXL photoshoot where he wears loafers gives me flashbacks to the kid who brought a briefcase to school.

"Alright" vid is nuts.

Catfish said...

Both those SPM cuts are fire