Monday 17 November 2014

The Hip-House revival just done took flight

Show Me by Kid Ink, Down On Your Luck by Vic Mensa, and Don't Tell 'Em by Jeremih & YG desensitized modern America to the notion of a 2014 Hip-House revival just so Azealia Banks could make shit official by rapping like Lil' Kim's pub karaoke rendition of Freedom Williams on C&C Music Factory's Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) all over her new single. I'll never willingly listen to Chasing Time here again, but posting it tonight presents me with the only opportunity I may ever get to point out that any rapper who's ever spat a squirrel/nut metaphor in their rhymes is flagrantly biting the holy scriptures of Freedom Williams:

Azealia Banks - Chasing Time
(From YouTube; 2014)

7 comments:

step one said...

beat sounds like another beat is being mixed into it out of time. WNB.

Zara said...

The 2nd half of her album is great!

Fulci said...

I bet you could hear this playing during the wee early hours at any McDonald's car park.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I'm kinda digging Miss Amor ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zara said...

Love that one!

Anonymous said...

Septum piercings such a bad look.

farley jackmaster crunk juice said...

I went into this album a cynic but I'm honestly feeling it, esp. the second half. Luxury, Soda and Miss Amor are great. She reminds me more of Missy than Kim tho