Sunday 16 November 2014

*Jadakiss voice*

Why Patsy Cline have to take that plane? Why Mystikal pop up in the Fancy video as faux-Sean? Why I ain't know my favourite Lil' Wayne solo song in 4 or 5 years had a video? Why it only have a million or so views when it's the best Wayne solo single since A Milli though? Why Trukfit gear look like Chinatown bootleg Stüssy? Why Wayne tryna act like he the king of cuckoo when he can't even turn his eyelids inside out like Boosie?

"N*gga tell me somethin' I don't know
Like where the fuck did my heart go, and show me something I haven't seen
And give me what help Martin sleep, on the same night he had a dream
And take me to where I've never been, but not to where I'll never be
And I ain't never scared but I'm scared of me, me versus me I need a referee"


Lil' Wayne - Krazy
(From YouTube; 2014)


Let's come up with a definitive list of rap videos set in insane asylums: Krazy by Wayne; Mind Of A Maniac by Boosie; Time 4 Sum Aksion by Redman; the Woo Hah!! remix by Busta & ODB; Sickness by Concentration Camp; Bouncin' Back (Bumpin' Me Against The Wall) by Mystikal; Teary Eyed/Meltdown by Missy Elliot; Outta My Mind by B.o.B & Nicki Minaj; that Eminem single with Kathy Griffin; What else?

13 comments:

hotbox said...

"Martians vs. Goblins" (The Game feat. Tyler & Wayne) ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODGcVSzh1U (weezy is not in the video)

Maybe Wayne is having one of his better post-prison years? Not really sure but "Take Kare" feat Young Thug is amazing. Maybe just song titles where "C" is replaced with "k"

Queezy said...

"Basket Case" by Green Day >>>>

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Wayne has definitely had a good year with his loosies.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah? Put me up on something else, pleaz. I haven't bothered with new Wayne for a while, but I want to believe he can still do good things. I really do.

Anonymous said...

I always assumed the Poppa Large video was taking place in an abandoned asylum.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Great call, Anonymous 2. That's gotta be the O.G right there.

Anonymous 1 - I fuck with Believe Me, D'usse, and Gotti from this year.

Yohan said...

Rick Ross - John ft. Lil' Wayne? The video at least has some elements.

Heltah Skeltah - Therapy? Or am I reaching?

Anonymous said...

"Chinatown, My Chinatown" cover by Johnny of Bridgewater State Hospital >>>>

http://youtu.be/ettRPOwVLm8

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

John is a reach, but Therapy is a good call. Not seen that video before.

Zwoop nation said...

I like Lil Wayne feature verse from Future's new tape.

Catfish said...

It's crazy Cube never made a video with him in a psyche ward of any type.

d said...

Twista was sectioned again this year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YECY8pMnf3Y

feel like some Rap A Lot video was in an institution but I think its just Bar None's hannibal lecter mask in Fugitive On The Run .

You could get a good albums worth of post prison Wayne including singles - Rich As Fuck, dunno if Im Single was before or after. theres definitely others.

Anonymous said...

while not a music video, its worth mentioning the Funkadelic insane asylum cameo/performance in Nickelodeon classic Goodburger