Saturday 8 November 2014

I'm on TV talkin' like it's just you and me...

"You pro'lly listenin' to me now goin' through some real shit
Granny in the hospital and she real sick
Attitude with everybody, bein' a real bitch
'Cause losin' your granny you ain't ready to deal wit'
But I'm wit' ya, I'm wit' ya, I'm wit' ya
I be on your side when your well runs dry
Boosie wit' ya"


Boosie - I'm Wit' Ya
(From Life After DeathRow mixtape; 2014)



As with most of the best Boosie songs, I'm Wit' Ya sounds like it should be experienced live not at some packed nightclub on the chitlin circuit, but by Boosie rapping it to you acapella as you ride shotgun in his Corvette whilst he drives around Baton Rouge:

5 comments:

THE GUY said...

I DONE WITNESSED THIS SHIT LIKE AN OLD TIME MOVIE NO QUESTION
PART OF MY LIFE WAS LIKE AN OLD TIME WESTERN

yeldarb said...

why does this sound familiar?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

The DO DOO noise + the hook are interpolated from I Know.

All Boosie's new songs for the rest of 2014 should interpolate tracks from Bad Azz Mixtape, Vol. 2, imo.

bob monkhouse on tha track said...

Always feel vindicated when I check YouTube and see the stats match what I think in terms of best tracks on a tape. "No Juice" is riding highest, definitely the catchiest track on there IMO and so is "life that I dream of" and "I'm wit ya".

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Definitely a top 2 song on there.