Monday 4 March 2024

Good Morning, Vietnam

Saigon - Favorite Thingz (extended)
(From bonus track on Welcome To Saigon mixtape; 2006)



Sum shit I found out during my recent reacquaintance with Saigon's 2001 to 2007 catalogue: there's an extended version of Favorite Thingz with a second verse and no bellowing by Kay Slay & Whoo Kid. A legitimate mixtape/street DVD classic from an era that's now a literal lifetime ago. I might mock Saigon for his delusions of graNYdeur, but that lad knew how to write a song with a chorus which is bulletproof like Batfink's wings. He was no Max B, but he was no Maino either.

Noo Yawkers, plz forgive me for taking Maino's name in vain. I'm allowed to talk shit because I'm Earth's biggest fan of Rumors and Role Model.

6 comments:

Ben said...

Your blog made me realize Maino has one good song to his name.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

4 good songs imho: these two, Hi Hater and PNP with Chinx.

Spartan said...

Only redeemable thing about The Sound of Music and Big Brovaz was us getting this Saigon song.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I've always wondered whether he heard the Big Brovaz song and had a "AHA!" moment.

xanaxfantasia said...

justice for "all the above" by maino, had the junior high dances going upppp

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Much like Wu-Tang, Maino is for the children.