Friday 24 January 2020

Dem Bow meets Dem Gal



"I had to link a cougar with the Luger
But the next time I'll bring her the big bazooka"


J Hus ft. Burna Boy - Play Play
(From Big Conspiracy album; 2020)



J Hus wasn't lying when he said he played for the Gunners, eh? Ain't gonna lie, though, ya host wasn't expecting Hus & Burna Boy's latest collaboration to be the Afro Bashment equivalent of Giggs' Monsta Man. Instant anthem, albeit an instant anthem which summer 2019 was gaggin' for.

Hate to be a contrarian h8er boi but this new J Hus album ain't a patch on Common Sense. Maybe I'm being too picky? Alternatively, maybe you ain't being picky enough?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

v. disappointed at no mo stack feature. i think it's a pretty good album, problem with hus is you know how much ground he can cover so 13 tracks leaves you feeling a bit short, especially when a lot of them are quite similar. we really do need a burnaboy/hus project helmed by kel p vibes and jae 5.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I've come around on No Denying but I still wish it had no Auto-Tune on the hook. Partially because I'm bored shitless by Auto-Tune now, but mainly because Hus has such a great distinct voice and the Auto-Tune just makes him sound like everyone else.

Anonymous said...

sidebar: you heard that pa salieu tune 'frontline', legit thought it was hus first when i saw the video on twitter

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I have yeah. Hus deserves his own Dana Dane 😄

Dank said...

I need to digest the album more.