Tuesday 28 October 2014

Skool's out (for now)

Skooly - Lighter
(From the internet; 2014)


Skooly's talents lie in his sanging and his ear for pop, so this new rap-de-rappiner, more unorthodox direction his solo career has taken thus far in 2014 on Situation and his latest cut Lighter has got me feelin' some type of way. It is, of course, all Young Thug's fault - partially due to his influence dictating that every Atlanta rapper under the age of 25 must now make self-consciously weird shit, but mainly because he's nicked all of former-Rich Kidz production mainstay London On Da Track's best beats from under Skooly's nose for his own outings with Rich Homie Quan, Baby, and T.I.

Which is kinda ironic really since T.I.'s Cruisin' was a fairly audacious Skooly rip-off that's now turned out to be better than any of the songs Skooly has leaked from his own long-touted Blac John Gotti solo project. Like I suggested previously, Cruisin' deserved a far better fate than being buried on an otherwise unremarkable latter-day T.I. album:

T.I. - Cruisin'
(From Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head album; 2012)

4 comments:

Noble Locks said...

"Situation" is good tho

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Only blatant Young Thug jacking I fux with is Oh No by K Camp.

Dude cynically copped a 808 Mafia beat after Danny Glover blew up and somehow ended up with a song that's light years ahead of the rest of his catalogue.

THE GUY said...

TIP SONG IS THE BEST LOVE SONG OF THE DECADE

Zwoop nation said...

I get really confused when Skooly isn't singing and I don't particularly like it.