Tuesday 17 September 2013

In Japan they don't even know about Big Ben

After picking up Joe Blow's You Shoulda Been Payin' Me CD for a few quid last december, I spent the first half of 2013 jamming his Been Grindin' album hard with the intention that I was using it as an entrée to Ampichino's long-touted Da Krazies 2 double-disc. Then Amp' dropped Da Krazies 2 and...well, I've still never gotten around to checking it out yet because it's not on Spotify so the remaining few months of 2013 are probably gonna be spent in Joe Blow's company again since he's just released another new album of surrogate Jacka emo-mob music that I can peruse at my own leisure on the 'fy :

"As I think back I notice that times have changed
As I've gotten a lil' older, I done tried the same
Went from rock bottom to learnin' how to fly a plane
Gettin' high as I can just to hide the pain"


Joe Blow ft. Bo Strangles - Trialz
(From Check A Real N*gga Out Tho' album; 2013)


Can Nyquil, Thomas & Joseph get on the case and find out whether Joe Blow really does have a pilot's licence plz? Along with his near-impeccable taste in fuzzy ersatz RobLo production, it's Joe's weird little technically-plausible-but-obviously-total-bullshit boasts like that which keep endearing him to me. A quick FYI for Mr. Blow, though : you're in my headphones talkin' like it's just you and me when you reference English landmarks and say stuff like "they love me in the UK", but if you think you're infiltrating foreign markets by featuring British rappers on this new album then you're sorely mistaken because even British people don't wanna listen to British rappers.

8 comments:

James said...

His "Blow" mixtape from the summer has some shit on it too.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand how someone from Britain can hate British rappers.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Because Rap is an American artform that sounds ridiculous when anyone else tries to make it, and British-Rap is as abhorrent as American-Ska, German-Rap and practically any genre of music that Canadians try their hand at.

Thanks , Jamie.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you need to dl the Ampichino album right now.

Julio said...

Jacka comes through on his 2 appearances on here.

Anonymous said...

UK hip hop is terrible, even revered rappers like lewis parker weren't good imo. Grime is a different story since it really isn't all that related to hip hop anyway, despite attempts to crossover.

Zwoop nation said...

One time I was listening to this really great Joe Blow song and then he had two British rappers on it and then I never listened to Joe Blow again.

Thomas said...

Good song! I haven't heard the new Joe Blow yet, but am looking forward to checking it out.

I am willing to bet big dollars that Joe Blow does not have a pilot's license.

It's crazy how many times you have pronounced your intentions to listen to Da Krazies 2 without yet hearing it. I highly recommend the album!