Wednesday 6 July 2022

New old Dre, who dis?


Seiji Oda & Lil' Ricefield dropped yesterday's best birthday tribute to Mac Dre. Best because it captures the thrill of gettin' your dome blown within the comforts of your own zone to Dre's music, and best because it put me onto a Dre deep cud I'd never heard before. Bass on this shit is bigger than E.T's head and makes me wanna roll out like Missy Elliot's queen size waterbed. My summer slumpah of 2022 is here!

Mac Dre & Zion I - Roll On Out
(From Too $hort & Friends' I Heart The Bay compilation; 2007)



May I continue to find old-but-new-to-me Mac Dre songs for many years to come.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

“May I continue to find old-but-new-to-me Mac Dre songs for many years to come” this is my fav sub genre of Martorialist post 🔥

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Is that you, Jmil?

(Mine too, tbh.)

kprice45 said...

Zion I being on there is quite surprising but then i remember he was on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvc7bH0hcGc

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Zion I definitely entered the Dre Zone on this one. Did a damn good job of it too.

Grant Cohn said...

This is amazing. Can't believe I've never heard it before. Zion I's "The Bay" definitely was a minor hit among Hiero fans and Mac Dre fans at one time.

Grant Cohn said...

P.S. what do you think of Seiji's new single?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I think it's gonna be one of those songs which grows on me like Take My Time I need to eat some mango to it in the garden to get into the right zone.