Sunday 7 May 2017

Plus I'll tell ya what the 80s like!

"I'm at my motherfuckin' vacatation home
because it's gonna be a motherfuckin' hot summer
....... for everybody!



French-beret tip to mon frere Tomo for hippin' me to this re-edit of the Style Council song where Paul Weller's switch from Beef & Onion to Prawn Cocktail really paid off. This re-edit extends the glorious "shiddy-diddy-diddy-doo-bop" bridge into a hypnotic mantra to stimulate the alpha-pleasure centre in your noggin. It's even more of jam, Jim, but not as The Jam fanboys know it:

The Style Council - Long Hot Summer (Chuggz Refix)
(From the Yacht Rock Chuggz Soundcloud page; 2017)



6 comments:

Yeldarb said...

Best song Weller ever did

Larry Lassiters said...

That two-way was the future. You could talk to hoes AND write raps on it.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Never mind that, how do you explain that the Style Council's Long Hot Summer was a bigger hit in NZ than Oz?

Rico said...

Don't think Cam was ever the same again after the struggle pool vid.

Back From The Dead Harold Bishop said...

The Kiwis luh some smoove choons, bruh. I can't for the life of me remember who rapped over this, unless no one has.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I don't think anyone has 😟