Tuesday 6 December 2016

Slangin' humble pie and St. Ides in the same sentence

"I feel like I'm Marty McFly, wat' me just travel in time
I need a bitch from the '80s, wat' me pull up with a dime
I been livin' like a rock star, rips in my jeans when I slide
Hot box the Delorean, roll up some dope and get high"


Mike $aatchi - Marty McFly
(From YouTube; 2016)



Did my damnedest to resist this Reys-Cafe find but I can't deny its Legit Slap status any longer. Still prefer it didn't have those trendy Atlanta production tics, but the kid $aatchi definitely has himself something akin to a 2k16 Reagan Era with this one. If there's two things Bay Area rap needed right now it's a song which samples the G.O.A.T Vaporwave tune, and a sixteen year old Armenian Travis Barker lookalike rapper who caught the holy ghost of Chazmaniia.

Crazy thing is Rich The Factor just dropped a new song with the exact same sample. The Oakland-to-Kansas City rap connection ain't had no love for Diana Ross' It's Your Move until 2016?

11 comments:

d said...

Tripping me out rn cos I discovered that Macintosh shit for myself yesterday based off neither, whoa

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Cosmic unconsciousness is a queer how'd-do-you-do, m8.

d said...

Been wondering this - is there a name for whatever Repo Man is? like where the dialogue is incidental to the plot and ppl just wander round oblivious but theres actual action happening. Brother From Another Planet, theres other examples I cant think of off the top. Cos I think its my fav genre. Is there something french and artsy I should be wide to? Sorry idk how to google this and youre into Repo Man.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I dunno, but I'd hate to think it was spawned by some ponce like Godard.

noz said...

maino hit it first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZb0zpoXyhs

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Is Noz a secrete member of #TeamMainoDeepCuts?

d said...

Damn that was my best guess, idk how much wanky bullshit I can wade through to get to whatever Repo Man's equivalent is. I liked Band of Outsiders n Alphaville though they were cool.

Maybe Jim Jarmusch makes more sense, if the rest of his are anything like Down By Law & Ghost Dog.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Alphaville is the only good Godard. Ain't even gotta imho that.

d said...

Feel like it mightve been a martorialist post that had me check for Alphaville now you mention it

GGGGGG said...

Dead @ video thumbnail

David said...

Haha that Maino has been my guilty pleasure fav all year.