Saturday 22 April 2023

My Mind Spray 9

I'm on a crusade to get M.O.P's Handle Ur Bizzness (DJ Premier remix) recognised & realised in the Shinola Remixes of Shitty Songs canon. Go bump that shit in ya Lex Coup or ya Lex hoop and tell me I'm wrong.

If people talk about best songs from the blog era and they don't mention $tarlito's Alright, Beeda Weeda & DJ Fresh's Bassrock Babies and Giftz & TREE'S Nino then those people probably misspent the era listening to a buncha bullshit by Kid Cudi, Odd Future, and A$AP Mob

Is I Gotta Habit the only Max B song Maya Jama knows? Obviously I wouldn't expect her to be up on the Kill That Faggot remix, but where's the love for Why You Do That or Where Do I Go? eh?

W.O.A.T modern Rap fan - guys who swear that Azealia Banks has more than one good song. Granted, that one good song varies from listener to listener, but nobody genuinely likes or needs more than one song by Ya Kid A.

Can I plug my Day Day Sustaaa playlist again? Hardest 5 song playlist uploaded to the internet in 2023 no IMHO necessary.

11 comments:

Spartan said...

Call me a boomer, but I’m still none the wiser what exactly the Blog Era was.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Starts around 2007-ish when physical music starts to die out and labels were clueless about what to do, and so rappers use the internet to promote themselves and blow up. Lasted until around 2014-ish.

Anonymous said...

Maya Jama is so hot

Jesse said...

I certainly misspent much of the era listening to a buncha bullshit by Odd Future.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yonkers gotta be one of the worst singles of last decade.

Fred said...

The blog Era had a lot of good music, but also plenty that hasn't aged well. Same goes for every period of course, but the current nostalgia for some of that era is a bit weird. G-Side forever though. And rip to the 100grandonmywristyeahlifesucks blog.

Came across one of the best Jacka-core songs in a long while, from some LA rapper called Big Sad 1900: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QrPaJgdR8Y

"Days like this I wish I could bring my homies back
Hit the block, see my n*ggas hanging off a Cadillac
That was when Goldie and Tray-Dee drove with Battlecat
Every issue that I had I wen't and handle that"

Been taking a dive into the rest of this catalog the last couple weeks, not every song is as good but there's some great stuff in there.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Pretty nice choon there.

Anonymous said...

https://youtu.be/Utxz6EPWxmU New Mic Terror. Hope a new album is on the way

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Just posted that before I saw this. Him & his crew are dropping a song every week this year. Wish Mic would do more solo songs because Gzus Piece has messed up a few of their recent solo songs with that talk-flow he's been doing recently.

David said...

blog era is less an era than a gestalt imo. most of the great music of the 'blog era' era was not 'blog era' music. some of the niche/mindgarden classics of the era were blog era though. i'd argue the blog era ended here with some staggered fits & starts after https://rapradar.com/2013/01/10/12-worst-albums-1-chief-keef-finally-rich/

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

😆 Rap Radar always sucked.