Saturday 15 April 2023

Alphabet Boy (reprise)

Homeboy Sandman - A!
(From A! single; 2022/YouTube; 2023)



Belated video for my favourite Homeboy Sandman loosie of last year, shot in a German Hip-Hop club which looks exactly like what you'd imagine a German Hip-Hop would look like. As with most of the best Sandman songs, this one strikes a delicate balance between cosmic and commonplace by mixing Galaxy Brain shit with Ground Control shit. I'm not saying I agree and I'm not saying I don't - I'm saying I won't ever stop finding entertainment in Sandman's wacko eccentricities. The song's also a good example of No Bap with motion - and that's thanks to a bassline which will have you bustin' and pluckin' air-bass moves like Mark King from Level 42.

Can we get a video for Radiator next plz?

3 comments:

L.A said...

Dope

Spartan said...

Cool vid.

Homeboy ought to do one for Flat Pockets with Show & A.G cameos.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Imagine him and A.G standing next to one another - it'd be Schwarzenegger & DeVito part 2.