Monday 21 December 2020

Late pass! Hoopty dreams

"Tank on E, blazin' that weed
Ain't got insurance like f*ck the police!
If you you ain't got sounds turn ya radio loud
This a Mano beat so it's still gonna pound
Ayyyyy, you ain't got no Benz but you can do it
Because this ain't for the ballers, this hoopty music
Ayyyyy, you ain't got rims but you can do it
Because this ain't for the ballers, this hoopty music"


Mic Terror - Hoopty Music
(From The Terrordome Vol. 2 mixtape; 2008)



I'm a Mic Terror connoisseur but he still has cuts I've accidentally treated like a red-haired stepchild. For example, I totally slept on Hoopty Music even though it's one of Mic's best pairings with Million $ Mano production and it's good enough to have been his third single after Cold As Hell and Juke Them Hoes. A pean to everyday entrepreneurialism and livin' la dolce vita within one's means, it also triggers good memories for ya host - Mic T sold fake coke to white folks, Marty sold fake acid tabs from Plastikman's Sheet One CD to posh kids.
Father forgive me - it was the late 90s, I was on a tight budget, and imported Rap CDs and 12"s were expensive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Mic Terror. keep up the good work. Any others on there worth listening to?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I'm An Asshole.

Dank said...

Early Richie Hawtin was great.

L.A said...

More piano tracks.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

My fave Mic Terror song of 2020 was also a piano track.