Sunday 8 March 2020

His name is Rio and he dances with the bands

"I threw some water on his shirt, he had a f*ckin' wire
Bought a zip of soft for 800 and let my uncle try it
He said 'straight drop'
I knew the shit hadta be good I seen his face drop
It's 75 on a strap but he dropped 8 shots
I knew somebody got hit I heard the 'K stop"


Rio Da Yung OG - Take A Day
(From YouTube; 2020)



Shout out to Duran Duran, we in this bitch! Like Pink Chardonnay says, this one is a slight change of pace - a slight change of pace that's more to my taste, tbh.

7 comments:

Ray Garraty said...

I wonder if this new flow will be regular on his new album.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Hope so.

hotbox said...

this is dope rio's my guy

my #1 rio joint is "buy the block" with lil e it might be the last regional rap song ever

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Like the guy in Style Wars nearly said, every region got they own Lil' E.

hotbox said...

just realized rio's kicking the same flow as sada & dz's "ape drip" am i wrong?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

You definitely have a point.

Pink C said...

It's so true, just that slight change of flow makes it something you can nod your head to, it wouldn't be too out of place at a club. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I like all of his stuff but you're definitley right this is a little more fun/accessible - function music as opposed to functional music, as you would say!