Monday 31 July 2017

Generic list post: July 2017



Obligatory wrap-up post of those songs I've played most during the month when it woz Nigel wot sunk it.

Biz Markie - Off The Top Of My Head (1990)
Berner ft. Cait Da Lee - Berner (2007)
Husalah ft. The Jacka - 100 Rounds In The K (2007)
Lil' Wayne - Dinnertime (2008/2017)
YG - Fuck It Up (2017)
Yung Cat - OG Stack A Dollar (2017)
Allstar Lee - Fresh Prince Of Brick Mile (2017)
Wamdue Kids - Hypnotize (1995)

Other notables: Keydo Foolfunk's Woodstock is a rare example of good Sunz of Mane-rap in an ever-expanding sea of generic trap shit about whippin' da work in kitchens; Try Sumthin' is OMB Peezy's first song of 2017 that I'm lukewarm on, mainly because I only enjoy Yhung T.O as a hooksmith; as I said in June, A-Wax really needs to lay off the Auto-Tune and hop off Atlanta's dick; I didn't listen to any other new rap this month ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PS: contrary to public perception, YG's Fuck It Up is a sequel to his 2009 Jerk song of the same name rather than the Kamaiyah song of the same name he appeared on last year. Very much down for She A Model 2k17 next.

6 comments:

L.A said...

Biz song is nuts==!!

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I'll hook up MP3s of the 2 songs on the tape later.

pinkchardonnay said...

Oh man I'm not going to lie I loved Try Sumthin I loved the beat and both verses. Yeah I feel like the new A-Wax album was kind of underwhelming unfortunately; didn't really even sound like him. I've gotta check out Keydo Foolfunk especially with that name.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Biz x Converse cassingle zip

turd butt said...

have you been watching the lav d vs mozzy thing? this is the best possible outcome from that situation

note the contrast in technique

mozzy: https://youtu.be/IGAYf5EbLbE?t=34

lavish d: https://www.instagram.com/p/BW0mWwmF63V/?taken-by=cashmoneylavishd&hl=en

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Lavish D vs. Mozzy definitely needs to become a battle of virtue-signalling. Keep it wholesome, lads.