Tuesday 1 March 2016

5th Ward Treme

Anything Mystikal, Mark Ronson & The Daptones can do, man like 5th Ward Weebie, the New Breed Brass Band & Trombone Shorty can do with even more panache on a Supa Sunday In N.O. Let me find out this song just caused a Mardi Gras in ya baby momma's pants, let me find out any rappers who ain't from Louisiana are tryna rhyme over backing bands, let me find out Questlove couldn't handle the bantz, let me find out this video features multiple white ppl doing the Patti Astor in Wild Style dance.

5th Ward Weebie & New Breed Brass Band - Whatcha Workin It Fa
(From YouTube; 2016)



Bonus brass-beats: let me find out you slept on 3 Deep's Say What I Wanna Say.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This might be the sleeper hit of 2016.

Unknown said...

Nah, this is everything. Thank you.

Johnny Rap said...

Shamarr Allen - Bandhead ft Martin Luther King Jr. Marching Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-5FcBsgWZU

Because you I don't play that 5th Ward Weebie song the entire day.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Nicely done