Tuesday 5 December 2023

My Mind Spray 12.5

Ezale still hasn't dropped a song in 2023 despite teasing a handful of snippets over the last 12 months. Me, I'm fiendin' for that fun, fun, fun song from the Mike Tyson video. Will he drop it before the year ends? Let's find out.

It's unfortunate that 80% of Hip-Hop fans couldn't care less about 80s Rap. But it's even more unfortunate than most of the Hip-Hop fans who do care about 80s Rap are those irritating raer vinylz blokes who don't listen to anything made before 1986. I'll never take "REAL HIP-HOP" chatter serious from self-styled 80s experts who don't know their Errol "Pumpkin" Bedward from their Egyptian Lover.

My faith in the British public was somewhat restored when J Hus & Drake's Who Told You didn't become the MONSTER ANTHEM everyone expected. You can fool Drake fans 99% of the time, but even the plebs who listen to That Canadian Nonce™ agreed that his appalling/rambling verse completely ruined the song.

It'd be cool if Special Ed's current viral talking-head status caused one of his old songs to blow up. Ideally it would be the Freaky Flow remix because it's a top two Primo remix ever and "get on my nerves like pets" is one of the realest lines ever committed to music.

Did Big Choo ever drop his revamp of Dolamite's Hustlas? I genuinely don't know because that fat bastard blocked me on Instagram when I asked him why he kept posting teaser videos for the song for 3 years straight but would never drop it. Even the song's producer Blaza Da Beat Contractor was getting pissed off with Choo and then died before Choo dropped it.

20 comments:

Ben said...

Not sure what song it was but I’m pretty sure I heard J. Stalin on Tik tok the other day.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Cool. Can't wait until the teens of TikTok discover Shady Nate.

Anonymous said...

My no Canadian edit of that J Hus song went platinum in my house lol

Jmil843 said...

I love Ezale but he gotta stop that shit lol

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Drake's verse on that has replaced ASAP Ferg's verse on Get High as the absolute worst cameo of all time.

Spartan said...

Is that other Primo remix Show & A.G's Next Level?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Of course! The two titans of Primo remixes.

Ben said...

I guess that’s the one good thing tik tok has contributed to society is giving obscure rap songs a second life line.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Absolutely.

Top 5 Primo remixes:
1. Special Ed - Freaky Flow remix
2. Showbiz & AG - Next Level remix
3. Gang Starr - Words I Manifest remix
4. M.O.P - Handle Ur Biznezz remix
5. Shyheim - On & On remix

Top 5 most superfluous Primo remixes:
1. Craig David ft. Mos Def - 7 Days remix
2. Too $hort - In The Trunk remix
3. M.O.P - Rugged Neva Smoove remix
4. Big L - Ebonics remix
5. Blahzay Blahzay - Danger remix

hotbox said...

on my nerves like pets is extremely relatable anytime i go to a white person's house i have to deal with a dog jumping on me

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Cats too!

Feeding birds in the yard >>>>>>>>> having a pet.

David said...

ugh agreed x1000 on 'rugged neva smoove' even worse is people keep sharing the premo one

Yohan said...

Figured that Fat Joe remix would be somewhere in that top 5 too.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yohan, it's definitely better than the original, but I'm not much of a Fat Joe guy.

David, #DrPeriodHive up in here!

Spartan said...

Fat Joe had some good songs; personal faves being Find Out and You Must Be Out of Your Fuckin' Mind, which I thought was hard as hell back in the day.

Not quite on the same culture clash level as Ice T appearing on Mr. and Mrs, but remember when Big Pun and Fat Joe were featured on an America themed special of Eurotrash? Not on YouTube, sadly.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

WTF, I completely missed that.

I like quite a few songs from Fat Joe's first 3 albums (especially the 2nd), but I find it difficult to listen to him without thinking "why didn't someone else from D.I.T.C or Big Pun get this beat instead?"

Spartan said...

It was a short bit on Eurotrash ignorantly portraying the overweight pair as novelty rappers.

In the same camp regarding Fat Joe's first three albums. Copped J.O.S.E and I don't think I ever listened to it more than once.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Joe's finest moment is his hook on Day One IMHO.

admiral said...

I love Don Cartagena, but that's because Big Pun wrote all his lyrics

Misery Needs Company >>>

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Definitely one of the best songs on there alongside John Blaze.