Monday 6 June 2022

I'm a graffiti artist - paint, chalk, outline

"First I tell 'em, where I want it done
In his backyard right in front of his son
Then I tell 'em, where to drop him off
In the Chattahoochie with his dick chopped off
Yeah, it sounds harsh, but it's well deserved
Feed his ass to the Sharks for hors d'oeuvres
No remorse, and no pity
This could happen to you in New Joc City"


Yung Joc - A Couple Grand
(From the Atlanta underground; 2006)



File this under 'beatjacks which are better than the originals.' Yung Joc was always more of a Juvenile than a Jeezy and his flow on this shit is pure New Orleans. I remember Rey turning his nose up at Yung Joc's Bad Boy Records debut album like "I prefer his underground shit" and this beatjack of Shawty Lo's I'm Da Man is Joc's equivalent of Mase's pre-Bad Boy Murda Ma$e Children Of The Corn material. Cot-damn, this song is wicked and plz believe that's wicked meaning evil. If there's a Hell below then Joc is possibly gonna go as a result of this one.

In Shawn Prez's recent VladTV interview with Yung Joc, Joc mentions a pre-Bad Boy local hit of his called Thousand Ones. Alas the only trace I can find of it online is in a Billboard magazine article. Anyone got the MP3?

6 comments:

GGGGGG said...

That 3rd verse!!!

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

All 3 verses

David said...

where is rey!

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

He generally tended to vanish for 6 months here or a year there, but he's been M.I.A for about 3 or 4 years this time 🙁

CrowleyHead said...

Fuck, and I thought hearing "Knock Em Out" proved how I slept on Joc.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

His best song that. In the interview he says Puffy wanted him to cut that from the album so he showed him a video of how the clubs in Atlanta loved that shit and Puff was like "oh ok."