Thursday 3 January 2013

Reasons why I love Youtube # 36

Because I can drop the annual ‘hey, here's a clip of Public Enemy performing live on British TV back in the early nineties, guys!’ post to keep thangs movin'. Here they are on Later doing 911 Is A Joke complete with ear-wiggling S1Sw. Now Kat Stacks has been freed (JUSTICE 4 THE 69!!!) all I need for 2013 is for Def Jam to finally give up the goods on that unreleased Bomb Squad-produced Flava Flav solo album from 1991 :


You dudes who compare El-P to a modern day Bomb Squad never cease to kill me because your boy in the trucker hat hasn't got a funky bone (no AC Tha Program Director) in his entire body. You can puff and huff in protest all you like, but you can't do the Dougie, the Harlem Shake, the Stanky Leg or the Pee Wee Herman to anything on Funcrusher Plus, Fantastic Damage and R.A.P Music like you can to 911 Is A Joke and numerous other Bomb Squad classics. Here's the 911 Is A Joke instrumental which obviously jams at least a gazillion times harder than anything El-P will ever make and reveals all sorts of nifty nuances you don't really catch on the vocal version :

Public Enemy - 911 Is A Joke (instrumental)
(From 911 Is A Joke single; 1990)

4 comments:

Fulci Lives said...

I remember buying Funcrusher Plus (after getting the ID on Info Kill on the Pyshchonauts Essential Mix) for myself and that Davina (no McCall) R&B album for my missus on the same day.

I gave her the wrong album.

Robbie said...

Ever tried doing The Wop to "She Watches Channel Zero"? It ain't pretty. That being said, I was able to do a really bad version of The Steve Martin to "End To End Burners" but Mom destroyed the video before I could YouTube it to my Robbie Got Bandz account.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I think you should introduce the Unkut readership to Katie Got Bandz.

Fosterakahunter said...

Two different sort of production styles; Bomb Squad was able to run rampant with the sample collages. What, has someone actually compared the two techniques? What's good, Robbie?