Sunday 17 January 2010

Wanted : dead or alive

Or just a regular rar file would do.



The Comurshul cassette EP by Murs.

I have neither the technology nor the knowhow to convert my tape of this, and I can't find a downloadable link which doesn't require an unlisted password. Anybody help? I feel i'm being denied a basic human right by not being able to listen to Red Dots and Sunsprayed when grocery shopping or browsing in Blockbuster.

Speakin' of Sunsprayed, Murs and 2 of his Living Legends mates calling themselves the 3 Melacholy Gypsies as they do liggedy lyrical third eye spherical ribbedy-rapping over a guitar riff from Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana in a video where they indulge in all kinds of 4 eLeMeNtZisms shouldn't work, it really shouldn't, and yet, every time I listen to it I suddenly feel the urge to strap on a Jansport, grow my Razor Ramon stubble beard into a full goatee which I can then dreadlock up, buy a beaded necklace, and try to rhyme every sunday morning monosyllabic grunt out of my mouth with the phrase "loading my pistol with lyrical projectiles" in rapid motion. Go figure.



Anybody hook it up?

*Edit*

Thanks to Boothe for the superior Googling skills.

Murs - Red Dots



Murs ft. 3MG - Sunsprayed

3 comments:

Boothe said...

I feel your pain, bro.

I have a bunch of shit on cassette that needs converting to audio files. One day I'll seriously looking in to dealing with it.

Don't have that specific EP, but I'll make a post on Philaflava, and see if anyone can hook up a copy

Boothe said...

I'm not sure if it's due to the source material, but the quality isn't too great.

Anyway, here it is.

http://www.divshare.com/direct/10197417-1fd.rar

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I salute your kindness and your superior searching skills, Boothe. Nice one.

This sounds remastered compared to the version of Casual's late 90s Meanwhile tape I recently downloaded. Shit sounded like it was recorded inside Mr ChiCity's kitchen bin and was completely unlistenable to the point where I just deleted it after skimming through the first 4 songs.