Thursday 25 April 2024

OJ was a hero/villain to most, but he was always just Detective Nordberg to me

"Car trunk fulla cocaine
And that pistol in my lap go bang
I can never lack, no way
F*ck the police, I'm OJ"


Mic Terror - OJ Simpson
(From No Lives Matter album; 2021)



I was slightly disappointed that Mic Terror didn't capitalise on OJ Simpson's death by belatedly shooting a video for the best song from his No Lives Matter album. It's always said that the L.A police's pursuit of OJ Simpson was the most leisurely car chase of all time, so it makes sense that Mic T's ode to The Juice™ would be some prime "drive slow, homie" music. Big fan of the casual contempt for Fivio Foreign on this shit. That lad was part of my favourite New York Drill song to date, but he's a vacuous empty vessel, and N.Y Drill is novelty Rap even if it does offer up a few choonz every now and then.

4 comments:

L.A said...

What's the sample on this?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Dunno.

Anonymous said...

New Seiji Oda https://youtu.be/KwFJ4cH51-s?si=kNxTmA-TOqRJKWyF

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I heard it. Not bad. Best thing about it is that he got the term Gentle Gigg from here.