Friday 12 January 2024

I saw a Wolf with a Columbian menu in his hand... (part 2)

"That was a good look, before he left me hanging like a pull up
It was money on the floor like a push up
But that's the story of my life, which is a good book"


Bruiser Wolf - Hurry Up & Buy
(From My Story Got Stories album; 2024)



When Bruiser Wolf declared "I got my own sound, I'm an instrument" on his first album it wasn't so much a boast as a explanation of how his dulcet Looney Tones work. Marvin The Martian tempo, his lines got pimples, the spaces got dimples, everything he says sounds com-umental. The game ain't the same without the playaz in, these words don't make sense without the layers in, the white lines don't hit the same without the LOLz in, this beat sounds like it was chopped in Shaolin.

Previously: I saw a Wolf with a Columbian menu in his hand...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How you liking the album?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Not had a chance to listen to it properly yet. Honed in on this one and the title track.