Monday 16 May 2022

Nice & Good, not Nice & Smooth

"You already know what the brand is, so overlooked but they don't understand it
But understand I'm a bandit, I'm takin' their Lamb and I'm makin' a banquet"


Knucks ft. SL - Nice & Good
(From Alpha Place album; 2022)



On one hand, this is a MOBO Award winner type U.K Drill song. On the other hand, I like the London Posse type back-and-forth between Knucks & SL over the Pot Noodle Western high noon stare-down production. Verdict: I ain't gonna front on this tune just because Knucks is an Alexis Petridis-bait artist. Bonus points for avoiding my biggest pet peeve with U.K Rap - British men using the words feds and bando.

Okay, that's quite enough U.K choonz for now..... unless J Hus drops some hot new shit, natch.

8 comments:

Dank said...

The album is pretty good especially "Leon The Professional"

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yeah, that's one is cool.

Spartan said...

File Los Pollos Hermanos as the latest entry in 'Rap Songs I Like That Are Way Too Short'.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

It might be impossible to make a bad song which somehow involves chicken.

Spartan said...

Listening to Far and would love to know whereabouts in Tottenham mans took his beanie for some hot wings.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yeah, Tottenham is more known for its lasagne innit? 🎤

I finally saw Everything Everywhere.. on Monday. I liked it.. until I didn't. Really began to annoy me by the end.

Spartan said...

Reckon he was referring to Chick-King on the High Road.

Felt like a part of me died when I realised I had another fifty minutes left until Everything Everywhere... finally ended. Hated it.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

😄 I left slightly before the end because I needed a piss. Definitely regret seeing it at the cinema.