Monday 20 December 2021

I play with the stick, violin

"Bottles of Champagne, some shots, a few beers
I treat my dogs better than white people do theirs
I'm in a drop like a tear
But the engine sound like a pick-up
My roof can do a sit up
These hoes come outta nowhere like the hiccups"


Bruiser Wolf - Chess Move$
(From Dope Game $tupid album; 2021)



Hat tip to Fred for recommending this Bruiser Wolf album. So, Wolf is Danny Brown's sidekick and his musical M.O is that he's Suga Free in a Carhartt Duck chore jacket rather than a Cavalli 3/4 length Mink coat? I can dig that like Ben Byron's dog. It's a cold world and we could all do with more rappers bearing warm clobber. Gotta appreciate the #OutfitSynergy of Bruiser wearing a Superstar tracksuit in a song where he says "sold more white lines than Adidas." Pity the Superstar trackies have been shitty quality since 2017 when Adidas switched to cheaper materials and added the stupid white piping from the armpit to the collar. Holla if ya hear me, AthleisurewearHive.

Also very necessary is Bruiser's tragicom song about his mum being a baghead. Tears of sadness and laughter at the SAME DAMN TIME like the end of Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

"Pushed me outta the womb and left me when I was two
No first days at school or watchin' me jump the broom
I was ashamed when people asked me what Momma do
So I made up somethin' crazy like 'yeah, she work at the zoo!'
Can't trust women 'cause I couldn't trust you"


Bruiser Wolf ft. Apropos - Momma Was A Dopefiend
(From Dope Game $tupid album; 2021)



"I am you, but I ain't you
You left my dad bitter like grapefruit"

14 comments:

Ruben said...

Danny Brown in the background.

Yohan said...

Way better than I expected, good lookin' out b.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

"What the fuck you mean? I'm hand to hand like 3:15"

L.A said...

I am feeling this.

xanax fantasia said...

"momma was a dopefiend" is so good it's fucked up !!!

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

He definitely shares Danny Brown's taste in Rap - on the recent Bruiser Brigade compilation he has a homage to ZMoney's Everything.

xanax fantasia said...

"i needed somebody to talk to
my mom was a human consuming dog food" eghujergnkbhj

xanax fantasia said...

is z money doing a bad mob boss voice on "everything" because it is working for me

would pay real money for somebody on bruiser bridgade to make a whole album over "dope boy magic" type beats



ok things are getting weird because the old iteration of bruiser brigade has a song called "errythang" as well, also from 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odn-sS0hHFo&ab_channel=KingFerg

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

As the plot thickens it gives me the dickens (PAUSE!)

xanax fantasia said...

reminiscent of... um... charles?

xanax fantasia said...

but wait it goes even further...

yung la & gucci gucci!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3uSRFha7II&ab_channel=DeVontaePitts

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

As Brand Nubian said, everything is everything.

Andrew Barber said...

been my favorite new rapper for damn near a year now

his verse on this >>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8CXJMiIzoc

Check out the JUS - GoFundMe Corvette album if you like the Bruiser stuff

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I love Fat Ray's Old Faithful song featuring him too.