Thursday 4 November 2021

Porter over Barker

Travis Porter - Like Dat
(From Back On Bullshit album; 2021)



**Dem Franchise Boyz voice** I THINK I LIKE IT!

Here at The Martorialist we're diggin' the notion of parallel universes in Rap, so if T.P had signed to T.I's Grand Hustle imprint to drop a second album then the lead single woulda sounded a lil' sumfin like Like Dat.

**EDIT** Also feelin' the Swag-Rap Fresh Prince(s) storytelling of Same Hoes. This shit needs a video which sticks to the song's script.

Travis Porter - Same Hoes
(From Back On Bullshit album; 2021)



Gotta love when that harmonica comes in at the end for maximum "my baby's cheating on me" Delta Bluesman vybz. It's the little touches that make a big difference.

8 comments:

Yohan said...

There it is, the inevitable Travis Porter post. Glad they're back.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Been a busy few days so it took me a while to check it.

Jmil843 said...

How’d you like their new album?

Anonymous said...

Atlanta definitely chose the wrong trio to get behind.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Jmil, been stuck on this one, Software Update and Same Hoes.

Yohan said...

Agreed especially on Software Update. Other standouts for me were Bounce and Ten, and maybe Shopping Spree.

Yohan said...

New Flo Milli: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txh8uUuJQ2w

At best it's cool, I guess. Not fucking with anything she did earlier this year (which is what? Roaring 20's and Flora The Explorer?) or of course last year. I think this is her third solo track of the year, unless I missed anything?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yeah, I'm not feeling that either. Boring.