Tuesday 21 November 2017

Thanx 4 the beat, shout out 2 Trel


"Before I leave the house I make sure to say a prayer
Shit, 'cause all these n*ggas hatin' I can smell it in the air"


70th Street Carlos & WNC Whop Bezzy - Trell
(From Shid Who? mixtape; 2017)



Ah, so this is that, and what this/that is is some jeep beat beserker Bounce. Real Hip Hop™ is when rappers record homage songs in tribute to their in-house producers. True story - the realest shit I wrote this year was that post about the parallels between the WNC tracks Trel Itz A Hit is behind and the Just Ice joints Mantronix was in the boiler room for.

PS: when I say jeep beat plz believe I ain't talking about Dave The Ruf.

5 comments:

hotbox said...

this beat is bonkers

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Very pleased to see a rapper dropping a song they've teased on IG within a couple of weeks for once.

Yeldarb said...

Dave The Ruf was........... a character.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

W.O.A.T UK rapper or wot?

Smell Rell said...

Love this