Sunday, 6 September 2026

Weekend On Mart's




The Johnny Ryall of the Rap-internet is back up in this bitch like progestogen. Life is Too $hort, filled with stuff, don't know what for, I wanna talk Cramps deep cuts. So, ur boi Martaveli AKA Loaded Lux Interior was excited about the recent Cramps album of unreleased 1977 demos which Henry Rollins & Ian MacKaye put together, mainy because it includes the first recording of the ultimate Cramps deep cut Weekend On Mars. Would this 1977 demo version be the definitive version I was hoping for? Sadly, no. It's on a par with the the 1979 demo version, but not as good as the 1984 live version from the I Ain't Nuthin' But A Gorehound single. To date, that's the best version due to Poison Ivy's buzzsaw guitar, but ur boi is hesitant to call it definitive since Lux Interior doesn't go Evil Elvis on the "but ima gonna take you for a weekend on Mars" line like he does on the 1977 and 1979 versions. Why you wanna do that, Lux, huh?

The Cramps - Weekend On Mars (live)
(From I Ain't Nuthin' But A Gorehound single; 1984)


2 comments: